For whom is cassava food like poison and for whom it is a boon, know its advantages and disadvantages
Cassava is a crop grown in the tropical and sub-tropical regions of the earth with a thick root like a potato. It is the third largest carbohydrate source in the world, after rice and maize, in the human diet. Cassava is grown in considerable numbers in India. When it is grinded into powder or pearl-shaped particles, it is also called tapioca. Cassava is a plant that can grow in drought conditions and even on low-lying soil. It has medicinal properties. It gives instant energy, strengthens the digestive system. There are many benefits from its intake, so there are some disadvantages. Let us know about the advantages and disadvantages of cassava.
Benefits of cassava
1. Overweight is the root of many diseases, it is well known. But it is not so easy to get rid of it. Cassava is very important for all those who are trying to reduce excess fat accumulated over the years. The high fiber content in cassava helps reduce your weight.
2. If there is thin diarrhea with water more than three times a day then it can be a sign of diarrhea. If you are troubled by diarrhea, you can take several pieces of cassava and boil it in water. Wait for it to come to room temperature. The difference is felt by drinking this liquid twice a day.
3. Muscles play a big role in maintaining strength in body and in the event of their deterioration, the whole body fails. If you are health conscious, cassava flour will definitely help in building your dumb muscles. It contains protein that keeps your muscles healthy and nourishes tissues.
4. There are many reasons for headache, although most headaches are not due to any serious illness. Most of us suffer from headaches, and for some, the same pain can be unbearable. But you can treat it with the help of cassava. For this, take only 60 grams of cassava roots or leaves and soak them in water for two hours. Make fresh juice using a blender and then drink it twice a day.
5. When the digestive system becomes weak then eaten and drank does not digest well and the body does not get the necessary nutrients. Cassava contains fiber, which is not soluble in water. It helps in absorption of toxins by entering your intestines. In this way, it improves your digestive power.
6. Cassava leaves rich in folate and vitamin C are very good for the body’s immune system or immune system. Vitamin C helps the immune system by attacking viruses and bacteria. Folate helps in the production of cells in our body, making genetic material for life and preventing DNA mutations. It also keeps bones healthy. It is also a good antioxidant, which destroys free radicals in the body.
7. Sometimes it happens that the energy level of our body decreases considerably due to continuous work, due to which our body starts feeling tired. Since cassava flour is high in carbohydrates, it helps to increase energy. Not only this, when you include cassava flour in your food, your brain will start working more efficiently.
8. Cassava leaves serve as excellent treatment for bruises and wounds. It has lots of nutrients that can help to heal injuries early.
Loss of cassava
1. Cassava can be dangerous if it is consumed raw, in large quantities or improperly.
2. Cassava contains a toxin called linamarin. When eaten raw, the human digestive system converts this toxin into cyanide, which may prove fatal and impair thyroid and nerve function.
3. Toxin substances in cassava are known to affect the pituitary gland and affect the functioning of liver and kidney.